• Indiana’s unemployment rate ticked up last month for the first time in nearly a year. (Lauren Chapman/IPB News)

    IN Unemployment Rate Rises

    Indiana’s unemployment rate ticked up last month for the first time in nearly a year. The rate increased 0.1 percent, up to 3.3 percent in June. That’s the first time
     
    Read More >>
  • (Lauren Chapman/IPB News)

    State Ed Funding Not Back to Pre-Recession Levels

    A recent report from a national teachers union points to a number of states failing to reach pre-recession spending levels for public education, including Indiana. The American Federation of Teachers
     
    Read More >>
  • VCSC Reveals Tecumseh-Harrison Renovations

    The Vincennes Community School Corporation unveiled their latest renovation project Thursday evening. The public was invited to tour the updated Tecumseh-Harrison Elementary, which now features a mix of memorable landmarks
     
    Read More >>
  • RDC Member Wants Downtown Parking Study

    A member of the Vincennes Redevelopment Commission thinks a comprehensive study of downtown parking needs to be done before the city invests anymore money in developing another parking lot. Marc
     
    Read More >>
  • City to Seek Reimbursements for Main St. Project

    The City of Vincennes is looking to recoup some of the costs for the Main Street project through the Community Crossings program. City Engineer John Sprague says he plans to
     
    Read More >>
  • Trio of Locals Return for Weekend Concert

    A group of musicians with Knox County roots will come together this for a concert weekend to transform Vincennes into Music City! JB Crockett will serve as the evening’s headliner.
     
    Read More >>
  • Skelton Festival Gets Underway Tonight

    The 13th Annual Red Skelton Festival officially gets underway tonight in Vincennes. Festival Organizer Anne Pratt says there will be a video presentation from Carol Burnett who was named the
     
    Read More >>
  • Alices Seeking New Hoops Coach

    Vincennes Lincoln High School is in the market for a new basketball coach. According to Lincoln Principal Steve Combs Josh Thompson is leaving to become the new varsity coach at
     
    Read More >>
  • How is Indiana's wealth distributed? The top 1 percent of Hoosiers make more than 17 times more per year than the other 99 percent. (Courtesy of Economic Policy Institute)

    National Report Shows IN Income Inequality Rising

    The national nonpartisan Economic Policy Institute ranks Indiana 39th among states for income inequality. The institute reports the average top 1 percent in Indiana earns 17.3 times more than the
     
    Read More >>
  • (Indianapolis Power & Light)

    IPL, Consumer Groups Reach Compromise In Rate Hike

    Indianapolis Power & Light announced Thursday it reached a compromise with a number of organizations representing customer interests, cutting IPL’s rate hike proposal in half. Pending regulatory approval, Indianapolis Power
     
    Read More >>
  • 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22