May 14-May 23
Who wants to go to Holiday World?
Be caller #9 when you hear the sounder and you’re on your way courtesy of Blazer 91.1 WVUB.
Rules and details below……
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
- HOW TO ENTER
- These rules govern the Ticket Giveaway (the “Promotion”), which is being conducted by WVUB-FM (the “Station”). The Promotion begins on Monday May 14, 2018 at 7:00 a.m. and ends on Wednesday May 23, 2018 at 1:00 p.m. (the “Promotion Dates”).
- The Promotion will be carried out via phone line. When alerted by the on-air staff, contestants should call the studio line, 812-888-4347. Caller number nine, as determined by the on air staff, will be the winner of a Blazer prize pack. By calling the station, contestants give the station the right to air the name, post, at their discretion, on the station website wvubhd.com, or any other station operated media properties including all social media platforms.
- Vincennes University Broadcasting WVUB FM known as The Blazer 91.1 WVUB (the “Station”) will in no way be liable or responsible for the failure of any phone, other calling instrument, computer, or other device or connection, no matter the reason for the person’s inability to complete the registration process.
- The Station will award 10 prizes at random based on the number of entries received prior to the deadline. If there are an insufficient number of entries (less than 10) the prizes will revert back to the station.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- The Promotion is open to all persons who are 18 years of age or older and who reside in the geographic listening area of the station. Employees of Vincennes University Broadcasting, the Station, the Station’s Underwriting Agent (collectively, “Promotional Entities”), their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, Station’s advertising and promotional agencies and participating sponsors, employees of other radio stations in the Evansville/Vincennes metropolitan areas, the members of their immediate families (spouse, parent, sibling or child) and those living in the same household of each (whether related or not), are ineligible to enter or win. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Entrants are responsible for complying with these Official Rules.
- Listeners are eligible to win a prize from the Station only once every thirty (30) days, and listeners are eligible to win a prize in a Promotion conducted by the Station only once every sixty (60) days if the prize is valued over $600 and only once per year if prize is valued over $1,000. Only one (1) winner per household is permitted in any Station promotion. The Station may waive this stipulation if deemed appropriate.
- The winners may be required to present valid government-issued photo identification and must provide their complete address, date of birth and phone number to claim a prize, unless otherwise stipulated.
- Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entrant who does not meet the eligibility requirements and will also delete any entry as required by law.
- Up to Twenty (20) prize packs will be awarded during this contest. The prize pack consists of a pair of tickets to Holiday World and Splashin’ Safari to be used during the 2018 season. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the prize pack is $100 The winner will be solely responsible for all taxes and all other fees and expenses not specified herein associated with the receipt and use of the prize. The prize is awarded as is. Certificates valid only on the date(s) printed on the tickets. Tickets are not refundable and may not be substituted or exchanged for cash or credit at any time. Lost or stolen tickets will not be replaced. Tickets may not be sold to a third party. If a prize-related event does not take place as scheduled, for reasons such as cancellation, preemption, postponement or unavailability, including for weather, or for any reason beyond the control of the Promotion Entities, their sole responsibility to the winner will be to award the remaining available elements of the prize and no substitution or compensation will be provided for the un-awarded elements of the prize. No more than the stated number of prizes specified in these official rules will be awarded.
- All prize packs will be mailed unless otherwise requested by the winner. The winner assumes the risk of its loss. The Station is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate. The winner must present a valid ID to claim their prize. If other arrangements for pickup need to be made, the winner will need to contact a station representative at 812-888-4117.
- The Prize(s) is not transferable, and no substitution, assignment, or cash equivalent of prize is permitted, except by the Station (solely at its discretion), which reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize portion with another prize or prize portion of greater or equal value. The prize(s) are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and unless otherwise expressly specified, do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Entrants acknowledge that the Promotion Entities have not made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranties, representations or guarantees, and hereby disclaim any and all warranties expressed or implied, in fact or in law, whether now or hereafter enacted concerning any prize, including without limitation, implied warranties of quality, merchantability, mechanical condition, or fitness for a particular purpose, except for any express manufacturer’s warranty as may be included with the prize or as may be separately provided to participants by law. Other restrictions may apply.
- Only one winner per household is permitted in this contest. A listener may not win this contest if a member of his/her family or household has won any Station contest within 30 days.
- There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that station may,at its sole discretion, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Other restrictions may apply.
- Unless otherwise stated, all prizes must be claimed in person at the Station at the address identified above during regular business hours and within ten (10) business days of winning, excluding holidays and/or close of business on Friday June 8, 2018. After such time, ownership of said prize reverts back to the Station to be disposed of at its discretion. The winner then loses all claims and rights to said prize. Proper identification must be presented by any winner to claim prize. As a condition to receiving the prize, any potential winner must be willing to complete and sign a Winner’s Affidavit and Release, releasing the Station from all liability in connection with winner’s participation in the contest and acceptance, use, or non-use of the prize.
- POTENTIAL WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
- Decisions of the Station management with respect to the Promotion are final.
- Winners will be selected as described in Section 1 of these Official Rules.
- Odds of winning a prize depend in part upon the number and order of entries received.
d.. Once selected, Prize winners will be notified by phone and/or instant message through Facebook. Prizes will be awarded only upon confirmation of eligibility and completion of all requisite releases. The winner must execute and return any required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release. If a potential winner cannot be contacted or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize.
- Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner. The winner may be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full Social Security Number or the equivalent for receipt of any prize and will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full Social Security Number or the equivalent for receipt of any prize valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by the Station (or any other CBS Radio station in Station’s market) in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in forfeiture of the prize. Such winnings of $600 or more will be reported to the IRS.
- Participation in the Promotion and/or acceptance of prize constitutes entrant’s and/or winner’s (and guest’s, if applicable) permission for the Station or its agents to interview the winner(s) (or guest(s), if applicable), to photograph, film, and record each winner (or guest, if applicable), and to use in commerce and in any media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, his/her name, prize won, hometown (city and state), biographic information, likeness, photograph, voice, audio or video recording, and/or any statements made by him/her regarding the Station, the Promotion, and/or its sponsor(s) for purposes of trade, publicity, or promotion without notice or additional compensation, notification, or permission, in perpetuity except where prohibited by law.
- Participation in the Promotion and/or acceptance of prize constitutes entrant’s and/or winner’s (and guest’s, if applicable) agreement to release, discharge, and hold harmless the Promotion’s sponsor(s), the Station, its licensee, their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, their advertising and promotional agencies, prize suppliers, and participating sponsors, and their respective officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives and all of their successors and assigns (collectively, “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize and participation in the Promotion, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Promotion, or delivery, possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity, including but not limited to any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
- If for any reason this Promotion cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to, as a result of infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Released Parties that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, or if the Promotion is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, the Station reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend, and/or modify the Promotion. If the Promotion is terminated before the original end date, the Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion to, to modify the procedure for selecting winners, unless the nature of the event giving rise to such termination renders it impossible to select winner(s).
- The Released Parties are not responsible for (i) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering, or the administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of a prize; (ii) incorrect or inaccurate entry information, human error, failure, or omission; (iii) unauthorized human intervention; (iv) lost, stolen, mangled, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete, or late entries; (v) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties and other technological problems or for telephone service outages, delays, busy signals, poor signals or signal interference, accidental disconnection, equipment malfunctions, and any other technological failures of any kind; or (vi) any cancellations, delays, diversions, or substitutions or omissions whatsoever by any transportation providers or any other persons or entities providing any services to winner(s) (and guest(s), if applicable) including any results thereof such as changes in services or location necessitated by same. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible if any part of a Promotion prize that cannot be awarded due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism, or other factors beyond the Released Parties’ control.
- Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods may void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. The use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, promotion entry services or proxies) will void all entries by that entrant at the Station’s discretion. The Promotion administrator’s computer or telephone system is the official time keeping device for this Promotion. In the event of a dispute, online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” means the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
For phone or mobile entries, the authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the text or mobile telephone number by a telecommunications provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning such numbers. The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Station’s website. Failure to comply with the rules of the Promotion may result in an entrant’s disqualification and/or forfeiture of any prize or prizes. If the Station makes a good faith determination that an entrant has cheated or committed fraudulent activity in connection with a Promotion, the Station reserves the right to disqualify that entrant from entering and/or winning this and future Station-administered Promotions and to prosecute and seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- For a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to – Official Rules,” Attn: Promotions, WVUB-FM 1200 N 2nd Street. DH64 Vincennes, IN 47591. The Official Rules shall also be available during regular business hours at the main offices of the Station and will be posted online for at least 30 days following the contest athttp://www.wvubhd.com.