The Shopping Cart Showdown was a HUGE success!
WVUB was able to donate $1991.23 worth of groceries between these three organizations that help others.
Thank you to our corporate sponsors: Farbest Foods, Uebelhor and Sons and Good Samaritan Hospital for helping us restock the shelves of Loaves and Fishes, Helping His Hands, and St. Vincent De Paul.
For pictures and live video of the event, click here.
To watch the WVUT news story of the event click here
Our Amazing Teams:
Brittney Kirwer and Kristen Scott Farbest Foods/Helping His Hands $884.59
Emily Montgotmery and Brenda Bottoms GSH/Loaves and Fishes $691.10
Andy Phipps and Cammy Chance Uebelhor/St. Vincent De Paul $415.54
Blazer Super Shopper/Shopping Cart Showdown Contest Rules:
- A copy of these Contest Rules can be obtained at the offices of radio station Blazer 91.1 WVUB-FM (the “Station”) owned and operated by Vincennes University, DH 64, 1200 North 2nd Street, Vincennes, IN 47591, during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
- The Station will conduct all Contests, including on-air contests, email and online contests held on www.wvubhd.com, and contests conducted through the Station’s social networking accounts (e.g., Facebook, Twitter), substantially as described in these rules, and by participating each participant agrees as follows:
- No purchase is necessary. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
- Unless otherwise specified, only legal U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older with a valid Social Security number at the time of entry are eligible to participate in this Station contest.
- Unless otherwise specified, employees, agents and affiliates of Vincennes University Broadcasting and its underwriting representatives, contest sponsors, other radio, television and print advertising companies serving the Station’s metro area, and their immediate family members and household members are not eligible to participate or win Station contests. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents, siblings, grandparents, children, grandchildren and cohabiting significant others.
- To qualify to be a Blazer Super Shopper, the participant must register online. A valid registration will include the contestant’s legal name, mailing address, phone number, e-mail address and birth date. Entry may be rejected if it has insufficient information. Qualifiers must be at least 18 years of age. WVUB management reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for cause (i.e. contest tampering by a competing station, fraud, etc.)
- Once registered, the participant will be notified if they are selected to be a Blazer Super Shopper. Winners will be selected from all of the entrants, minus duplicate entries, and the contestants’ name will be posted on the website, wvubhd.com at 3:00 p.m.(eastern) on Friday January 5th, 2016 or as close to that time as normal programming will allow. The contestants will be sent a letter from the station to the email that has been provided on the online entry form. The contestant will also be notified by phone.
- The online entry forms will be open for submission from Tuesday December 27, 2015 at 8:00 a.m. (eastern time) through Thursday January 5th, 2016 at 12 noon.(eastern time).
- Potential contest winners will be selected by and at the Station in its sole discretion. If it is determined by the Station that a candidate is not eligible to receive a prize, another candidate may be selected for eligibility consultation and this process will continue on until such time as an eligible candidate is found. In the unlikely event that no candidates are found to meet the specifications, then the prize will go un-awarded.
- Unless otherwise stated, the odds of winning this Station contest depend on a number of factors, including but not limited to the number of eligible entries received and the number of listeners participating at any given time.
- The selected contestants will be emailed a copy of the letter that will need to be presented to a station representative along with a photo ID the day of the contest. The letter may be printed or pulled up on their mobile device. The station has also made copies available to the contestants for pick-up at the station if either printing or showing on a mobile device is not convenient. All contestants were also notified via phone call and/or voice message.
- Blazer Super Shoppers will be expected to attend a luncheon on Tuesday January 10th at 11:30 a.m. ET with a location TBD. All rules and directions will be given at this time. The Super Shoppers must also be able to attend the Shopping Cart Showdown at Sav-a-lot in Vincennes on Saturday January 14, 2016. The Super Shopper must arrive at Sav-a-lot no later than 7:45 a.m. or another Super Shopper will be selected.
- CONTEST OVERVIEW
The Shopping Cart Showdown is a way to promote goodwill and giving between area businesses and Blazer 91.1 WVUB-FM. The Season of Sharing on WVUB will continue by having three businesses choose a charity to help fill the empty shelves after the holidays. The three businesses will be Good Samaritan Hospital, Farbest Foods and Uebelhor and Sons. The charities will be chosen by the businesses. Please refer back to the beginning of this document for the contest rules. The SCS will have three teams competing. Each team will consist of a representative from one of our corporate sponsors and a Blazer Super Shopper. Each team will have a maximum amount of time no longer than ninety one seconds (1:31) to fill their carts with non-perishable groceries that will be paid for Blazer 91.1 WVUB.
- There is not a grand prize for this contest. This contest is designed to give back to not for profit charities.
- All State, Local, Federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
- All prizes are awarded “as is.” Prizes are nontransferable and cannot be exchanged, sold, or redeemed for cash or other prizes. No substitute prize will be awarded to a winner who declines to accept a prize. An individual may win a Station contest only once per month unless otherwise specifically stated. An individual may win other seasonal or one-time contests. like this one, only once for the duration of the contest. The Station reserves the right to limit the number of times an individual may enter a contest or drawing.
- All entrants and winners agree that the Station shall have no liability for any injury, misfortune, or damage to either persons or property incurred by entering, participating in, winning, or losing any contest and/or by the use or non-use of any prize received in connection with this contest.
- Unless otherwise stated, all prizes must be claimed in person at the Station at the address identified above during regular business hours and within ten (10) business days of winning, excluding holidays. After such time, ownership of said prize reverts back to the Station to be disposed of at its discretion. The winner then loses all claims and rights to said prize. Proper identification must be presented by any winner to claim prize. As a condition to receiving the prize, any potential winner must be willing to complete and sign a Winner’s Affidavit and Release, releasing the Station from all liability in connection with winner’s participation in the contest and acceptance, use, or non-use of the prize.
- All entry blanks, forms, devices, and materials gathered during the course of entry, as well as all information contained on or within, shall become the sole property of the Station to be used, disposed of or destroyed in its sole discretion. The Station is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information submitted by contest participants or entered by websites users, and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Station’s website.
- All entrants and winners agree to give the Station and its licensees, affiliates, successors, and assigns the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use, re-use, broadcast, or publish their name, city of residence, photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including portraits and pictures, in whole or in part, as part of a composite, retouched or distorted in character or form, and voice, recorded or live, for any reason the Station deems necessary without compensation, unless prohibited by law. All entrants and winners release, discharge, and agree to hold the Station harmless from any and all claims they may have against the Station in connection with the foregoing. All entrants and winners further acknowledge that the Station owns or will own exclusively any photographs of them used for such purposes, including the copyrights in them, regardless of the form in which they have been or may be produced and used, and all entrants and winners assign all such ownership rights to the Station.
- By participating in a Station contest, each participant agrees to receive email communications from the Station regarding Station events and contests. Any participant that opts-out of these mailings will also remove themselves from the contest. By participating in the contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Station may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
- By participating in a Station contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Station personnel. Participants who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Station will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the contest and all Station decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of a contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Station, the Station reserves the right to terminate the contest, or make such other decisions regarding the administration or outcome as the Station deems appropriate. All decisions made by the Station are final. The Station may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF A STATION CONTEST, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITES, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF A STATION CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, STATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- By participating in this contest, each participant agrees to waive any and all claims for damages for death, personal injury, loss of property or property damage that he or she may sustain as a result of his or her participation in the contest and/or the use of any prize, and any damages or losses arising from the implementation or carrying out of the contest or any participant’s failure to win the contest or receive the prize, and to release Vincennes University, the Station, and affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability arising out of or connected in any way with his or her participation in the contest, even though that liability may arise out of an intentional act, omission, negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities mentioned above.
- A winners list may be obtained five (5) days after the conclusion of any Station contest by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Station at the address first written above.